Calamos offers the opportunity for candidates currently enrolled in either undergraduate or graduate programs to gain exposure to a premier global investment management organization through our Summer Internship Program. The program typically lasts 10-12 weeks.
Each intern will have the experience of working in a team environment that values trust, integrity, and is committed to excellence. Aside from the departmental projects, our interns will have the opportunity to participate in offsite outings and meetings with senior management. Additionally, interns will benefit from ongoing training through the Calamos Academy, which offers a wide array of learning resources designed with a focus on client service and continuous improvement. In the past, interns have been placed in various departments including Research, Accounting, Tax, IT, Compliance, HR, Wealth Management and Sales.
Through training, seminars, social events and the opportunity to work alongside the top people in our industry, students gain an invaluable career advantage upon entering the workforce
Qualifications and Experience:
- Entering the 2017-18 school year as Junior, Senior or 1st year Master student with ability and desire to work as part of a team
- Evidence of challenging curriculum and a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Independent and original thinker
- Strong level of integrity with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrated interest within the investment management industry is preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Candidates interested in a summer 2018 internship should apply before March 1, 2018
Please note that Calamos is not offering housing for our internship roles at this time.
"Throughout my internship I completed tasks that I now continue to do on a monthly basis for my job.
The knowledge I gained from completing reconciliations and other tasks in my internship allowed for
my transition to the full time position to be smooth."
"The Calamos internship program really prepared me for life in the real world. The collegial atmosphere
created a great working environment and the project driven workload taught me how to successfully
balance a full time schedule. I would not be where I'm at today without Calamos."
"When you intern at Calamos, you gain valuable knowledge and skills that you can't find in a
classroom. The Calamos Internship Program prepares you for life after college."