The Head of Wealth Strategy and Trust Services is the core position responsible for delivering business succession, transaction advisory, estate, and financial planning services to high net worth clients of Calamos Wealth Management. The Head of Wealth Strategy and Trust Services also plays a significant role in deepening and broadening relationships with existing clients. He/she will partner with advisors during the consultation process with clients and prospects and assist with overall client planning. He/she will be able to apply in-depth knowledge of estate planning, trust administration, financial planning and income tax planning issues in the development and review of multigenerational financial plans for clients. The scope of activities includes sophisticated estate and wealth transfer planning, wealth transfer strategies, philanthropic planning, business transition planning, cash flow analysis and other related areas - advises on cash flow analysis, education funding analysis, executive compensation issues and stock option analysis, asset allocation analysis, income tax planning, charitable planning, business succession and asset protection.
This role works to support Calamos Wealth Management’s specific business initiatives and provides support to office as a subject-matter expert for planning issues. He/she is required to review documents such as wills, trusts, corporate governance documents, and adheres to all planning protocols and procedures.
- Delivering Calamos Wealth Management’s intellectual capital to high net worth clients and internal advisors
- Partnering on new business acquisition and retention/deepening of existing relationships
- Developing and implementing business succession, transactional advisory, estate, and financial plans to high net worth clients
- Ensuring solutions and advice are applied/delivered effectively and consistently
- Ensuring advisors expertise across geographies with continuous training
Advanced degree (JD, LLM, CPA, CFP)
- Over 15 years of experience in estate and financial planning, business succession, transaction advisory, preferably working with high-net worth individual owners and/or private business owners
- Expert understanding of estate and financial planning, transaction advisory, including applicable legal, tax, and regulatory requirements
- In-depth knowledge of risk management issues and demonstrated ability to produce required compliance results
- Author newsletters and white papers and participates in workshops and public speaking engagements to educate clients and market the wealth planning capabilities of the firm
- Works with partners and subject matter experts across the organization to provide qualitative analysis as well as advice regarding legacy, governance and family education/succession. Established knowledge of estate and planning related issues, education funding analysis, asset allocation analysis and income tax planning issues
- Excellent communication, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership presence
- Recognized expert in the field
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to travel required
- Strong presentation skills
Calamos Wealth Management LLC provides comprehensive investment and wealth advisory services to individuals, families and small- to mid-size institutions as well as foundations and charitable endowments. Calamos Wealth Management headquarters are located in Naperville, Illinois with additional offices in New York and Miami. The firm is a wholly owned subsidiary of Calamos Investments LLC. It is a growing organization currently seeking highly motivated individuals to be part of a dynamic and collaborative team of professionals dedicated to supporting the goals of its growing clientele.
Apply for this position